Details tip to increase Google search ranking on SERP
Terms used in Google search ranking
Google search ranking factors
Tips: In other to stand a chance to rank better, make sure your post is lengthy with over 2,000 reasonable words and can explain the keyword you are targeting perfectly well without you committing plagiarism (Duplicating other peoples work on your post).
Thus the Google police responsible for apprehending ‘copy and paste’ bloggers is the Google Panda.
Tips: In other to rank well on search engines, take your time (even if
it could cost you days, like this post your are reading) to research properly on any article you are about to post, draft the post very well in simple and yet understanding language in respect to the fear of panda. Quality posts gets you recommendations and good recommendation correlates to quality backlinks and quality backlinks from high PR sites means promotion in SERP.
|Brian Dean @backlinko|
|Photo credit from moz.com|
In simple sentence: hummingbird is about matching the meaning of your content rather than matching the keyword of your content.
|Photo credit: moz.com|
Tips: To have a good Pigeon rank one is advised to sign up for Google business and get your local business location indexed in google. Also have that local business location embedded in your websites contact us page. Also (for those using blogger) try to turn on post location.
Note: There are other algorithmic programs that aid the semantic search, but the two mentioned above are listed just to make you understand the concept of semantics and the algo responsible for propagating the programs.
Mobilegeddon is a ranking factor in google algorithm, it was updated last on April 21, 2015. Google-Mobilegeddon is responsible to increase google search ranking for webpages that are mobile friendly (of course your site speed needs to correlates to mobile serp criteria)on the first page of google. This algorithmic update does not affect desktop and laptop search ranking.
Tip: In other to see increase in traffic, you need to optimize you website for mobilegeddon and by so doing you are optimizing your site for google’s first page which means increase in traffic (both mobile, desktop and laptop) and increase in traffic can convert increase in funnel >> then, boost sales.
The origin of the name ‘mobilegeddon’ is better explained by Wikipedia in one sentence, and it states:
The protologism is a blend word of “mobile” and “Armageddon” because the change “could cause massive disruption to increase google search ranking
Rankbrain is the algo used by google to process search results and provide more relevant search results for users.
In a 2015 interview, Google commented that RankBrain was the third most important factor in the ranking algorithm along with links and content.- Wikipedia
If rankbrain comes across a phrase, a group of words or sentences it hasn’t come across before, it starts to guess for words or phrases with similar meaning and begins to filter the request accordingly (full stop).
Tips: In other for you to stand a chance to be judged amongst first page winners, try to make your article user, human and robot friendly. Make your post have meaning, so when a layman reads your article,he can credit you with a social share facebook like and follow (hopefully, that counts too). Do not allow any ear that hears a mouth that reads your article tingle.
Google penalty is not an algo, instead its the negative recommendation given to defaulting bloggers by google because they refused to follow Google webmasters quality guidelines.
There are several reasons that could make google penalize you and most of them are related to link shit. See the list of few I can show you now.
- Paid links
- Comment spam
- Blog networks
- Guest posting
Tips: As a web veteran you should not encourage any of these listed above, if you so love to see comments of your blog, go to your robot.txt settings page and put the ‘NOFOLLOW’ tag, so that careless links posted on your comment section does not ping google to mark you as spam site.
Once you have been penalized by google it is really had to get out from it because it could take you longer time or even forever to retrace your mistakes. But just in case you are a victim of google penalty, try reading this posts from chapter 1, understand the the terms and ranking factors again, then start cross checking your webpage for errors according to each algo explained.
|Sites penalized by google and what they suffered.|
PART 2: How to implement Google algorithmic updates for SERP, SEO on a blogger for a better Google search ranking.
Most people wants to make money from their blogs and they think by just signing up for blogger and putting on some ‘God help me posts’ most of which are plagiarized contents, (some are relevant topic with irrelevant keywords, texts and punishable post found guilty by google webmaster quality guidelines) without prior knowledge of how to increase google ranking. There are many ways you can earn from your blog (blogger), whether it is a free blog or a premium blog without a third party domain it doesn’t matter.
What matters most is how you optimize your blog to increase google search ranking and follow the rules and guidelines. As you may know the best source of gaining organic traffic is from search engines. In other to receive quality traffic from search engines is to learn how to increase google search rankings on your website.
Show me how?
For those that own a blogger hosted blog I would quickly make use of pictorials with little illustration for better understanding of how to increase google search ranking for websites and blogs , first things first.
Adding a meta tag description of your site
|Adding a meta tag to blogger blog|
2. Copy and paste this code as in in the image below in your custom robot txt editor.
Sitemap: https://your-site.com/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500 (if its a blogger)
Sitemap: Any direct link pointing to any page you wish google to index
|Editing your robots.txt file|
3. Now, edit you custom robots header tag to like like the pic below
4. Adding a site title and description is a good way to increase google search ranking for your websites so far it has a good site title accompanied by a description. Click on SETTINGS>> BASIC and follow the prompts as example shown below:
|Adding site title and description|
5. Visit www.google.com/webmaster to officially submit your site to google search console.
6. Post settings for SERP: when you want to increase google search rank on result page there are few practices you would need to put up to rank well on search engines.
- When making a new post make sure your post length is not below two thousand words (2,000) counts, if you really want to rank well as regards to post quality determined my PandaRank.
- Make sure to embed resourceful links that better explains or speaks more of a phrase or sentence in your post.
- Google penguin loves to see inbound (especially local links: pointing to a page or post within the website) links in a blog. When users keep navigating different page posts in your site as results to ‘quality inbound link’ it decreases the bounce rate of your website. Decreasing bounce rate affects page ranking positively.
Note: Do not engage in an excessive use or abuse of inbound links and deeplinks, because penguin might see that as a way to spamming. Even when the links are necessary for citations, make use of the NOFOLLOW TAG.
- Make sure your post has at least one genuine photo, also make sure your photos are well captioned and your keyword is placed on the ALT+TEXT of the image. It increases your chances of ranking well on main page and also on google image.
- Adding a video to illustrate more on the topic is an additional advantage but not compulsory.
- Edit your post link to be short and precise as possible because short post links rank better than long tailed links. e.g mysite.com/seo/increase-google-search-ranking.html“, mysite.com/seo/One-million-ways-to-increase-google-search-ranking-2017X.html„¨. The indexing factor doesn’t really come from keywords in links, its in the quality of the post.( but the post MUST have the keyword present).